Removal Defense Attorney in Houston
Protecting Clients from Deportation Nationwide
Whether you entered the U.S. legally or otherwise, deportation is a potential threat until you become a citizen. Immigrants find themselves in removal proceedings for many different reasons, and the key to staying safe in the U.S. is retaining professional support as soon as possible.
As a Houston removal defense attorney who proudly helps clients nationwide, I have what it takes to assist you in your time of need. I can help you avoid deportation by planning ahead, and I may be able to help you cancel a removal proceeding that has already begun. From loss of employment to separation from your loved ones, the consequences of deportation can be devastating, and I want to put my skills to work for your wellbeing and future.
Common Reasons for Deportation
Knowing what may trigger deportation is important for a couple of reasons. If you are not currently facing removal, you can feel confident in your ability to avoid the legal process if you know what could cause it. On the other hand, if you have been placed into a removal proceeding, this knowledge can help you identify whether the proceeding is valid or whether you may be able to contest it.
The following issues and events may result in removal from the U.S.:
- Committing certain crimes
- Committing marriage fraud
- Committing fraud or misrepresentation on an immigration application
- Living in the U.S. unlawfully
- Smuggling a foreign national into the U.S.
- Violating the terms of your visa or green card
- Abusing or becoming addicted to drugs
- Becoming a public charge within five years of entry (with certain exceptions)
- Appearing as though you have engaged in terrorist activities
Fortunately, you will most likely have the opportunity to defend yourself in court. This is where help from a skilled attorney is critical. No matter what stage of the deportation process you face, I am here to step in and provide the knowledgeable counsel and fierce representation you need.
What Is The Deportation Process?
As a trusted immigration law firm in Texas, at Law Office of Ivan Neel, we understand the importance of providing useful information to those who may be facing removal proceedings. Below are some basics on a typical deportation process:
- Receive a Notice to Appear (NTA): The process is set into motion when the NTA is issued by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The NTA specifies the charges against the individual and the reason for the deportation proceedings.
- Master Calendar Hearing: After the NTA is received, the individual will be scheduled for a Master Calendar Hearing before an immigration judge. Be sure to not miss it. During the hearing, the individual will be informed of their rights, presented with the charges, and given the opportunity to seek legal representation.
- Individual Hearing: Following the Master Calendar Hearing, an individual hearing will be scheduled where the case will be further evaluated. The individual can present evidence and arguments in their defense, and the government will present its case for deportation.
- Options for Deportation Relief: The individual may explore any available options to avoid deportation. Based on their specific circumstances, these options may include asylum, cancellation of removal, adjustment of status, or waivers. An experienced Houston deportation defense lawyer at Law Office of Ivan Neel can assess the best possible relief strategy and provide guidance on how to proceed.
- Decision: The immigration judge will make a decision based on the evidence and arguments presented during the individual hearing. If the judge grants relief, the individual may be allowed to stay in the United States. If relief is denied, the judge will issue an order of removal.
- Immigration Appeals: If the individual disagrees with the judge's decision, they may appeal the ruling to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and, if necessary, to the federal courts.
If you or a loved one is facing deportation, Law Office of Ivan Neel is here to help. Our dedicated removal defense lawyer in Houston, TX will work tirelessly to protect your rights and explore all available options to defend against deportation. We have helped countless people throughout Texas with their deportation cases and continue to be 5-star rated immigration law firm. Contact us at (832) 447-6748 to make an appointment and let us stand by your side throughout the deportation process. Se habla Español.
Your Removal Defense Options
The way we stop your removal proceeding depends on several factors, such as the reason for your deportation, what type of status you may be eligible for, and whether an adjudicating officer made a critical mistake.
You may be able to avoid or prevent deportation in any of the following ways:
- Adjusting your status to lawful permanent residence
- Applying for a waiver of inadmissibility or unlawful presence
- Applying for temporary status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program
- Seeking asylum or withholding of removal based on dangerous conditions in your country of origin
- Seeking cancellation of removal based on many years of residence in the U.S., strong ties to your community, and/or potential extreme hardship for a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident if you were to be deported
- Seeking cancellation of removal under the Violence Against Women Act
- Applying for a T or U visa if you have suffered from human trafficking or another serious crime
- Proving that an officer or agency did not properly notify you of the removal proceeding
- Proving that the officer or agency did not correctly apply certain immigration laws
- Proving that a crime you allegedly committed does not make you deportable or inadmissible
- Leaving voluntarily, which will prevent the long-term consequences of deportation (we will only consider this if there is no other option)
Benefits of Hiring a Deportation Defense Attorney
People facing deportation or removal proceedings can benefit greatly from hiring a deportation lawyer. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Immigration Law Expertise: Deportation lawyers have extensive knowledge of immigration laws and regulations, which can be incredibly helpful when navigating the complex immigration legal system. They can provide guidance on the most effective legal strategies to use in your case. They can also ensure that all paperwork is properly filed before the deadline.
- Protecting Your Rights: Our deportation defense attorney can help protect your rights throughout the U.S. deportation process. They can ensure a fair immigration hearing and any evidence against you is properly vetted. This is so that you have access to legal remedies if your rights are violated.
- Increase your Chances of Success: By working with us, you may improve your chances of success in your case. Your attorney can help you build a strong case and present it in the most effective way possible to an immigration judge or authority.
- Assistance with Appeals: If your deportation case is unsuccessful, your lawyer can help you appeal the decision. They can advise you on the appropriate course of action and represent you in court.
- Peace of Mind: Deportation can be stressful and uncertain. By hiring a deportation defense lawyer, you can have peace of mind knowing you have a knowledgeable and experienced advocate on your side.
Hiring a removal defense lawyer can be a wise investment for anyone facing deportation. We can provide invaluable legal guidance and support throughout the removal process, ultimately improving your chances of success and helping you protect your immigration rights.
Contact Our Deportation Lawyers Near You
When you come to the Law Office of Ivan Neel, I can help you determine whether you may be able to avoid removal by utilizing any of the above strategies. Time is of the essence, which is why I urge you to contact my Texas law firm for a deportation attorney right away—even if the deportation process has not yet begun.
“I wish I had contacted Ivan Neel sooner!!” - Isadora G.
“Very Professional and Secure” - Jose R.
“Makes You Feel Like Family” - Ramona W.